Kenilworth Phab Club meets on Wednesdays, 7.30 to 9.45pm
On first Wednesdays club meets at Kenilworth Sports & Social Club, Rosemary Hill, CV8 2PA
On third Wednesdays the club meets at St John’s Church Hall, Warwick Road, Kenilworth, CV8 1HY
On other Wednesday club nights we are out and about around the Kenilworth, Warwick, Coventry or Leamington Spa area.
Please check the Programme Page for details of where we will be and when we will be there.
Kenilwoth Phab began in 1982 when several members of Leamington Phab Club reached the age of 18 and decided they wanted to attend an adult club.
- Kenilworth Phab is affiliated to Phab nationally, but our club is financially independent and members determine the club’s style and identity.
- We believe that all our club members’ ideas and opinions are important, so everyone is consulted about, and has the opportunity to be involved in, all our activities and events.
- Kenilworth Phab regularly takes part in community events in the town and joins other Midlands Region clubs for Days Out and Weekends Away.
- Membership is open to anyone who is 18 or over.
- We are able to hire a minibus from the Waverley Day Centre and our good friends from Kenilworth Lions drive it for us. This means we may be able to offer you a lift to the club if you have no other means of getting to club nights.
- Kenilworth Phab is very fortunate to have members from Warwick University Community Volunteers who join in with our activities whenever their studies allow.
- Some members come along to the various venues with carers, who are also regarded as members.
Weekly subs are £2. However when out with the club, members pay for their drinks, meals, theatre tickets or ten-pin bowling etc.
Regular club activities include:
- Pub nights and meals in restaurants
- Ten pin bowling, skittles and boccia
- Theatre shows and musicals
- Crafts, bingo, games & quizzes at St.Johns Hall
- Music, dancing, karaoke, and parties at Kenilworth Sports & Social Club
- Comic/Sports Relief events
- Kenilworth Festival Barn Dance and Party In The Park
- Theme Nights
- ‘Phab’s Got Talent’ Show
- Annual Gala Dinner
- Fundraising events
- Line-dancing, ceilidhs, BBQs horse-race nights & more
- Student-led activities.
- Days Out & Weekends Away
- Joint events with other clubs
PATRON – NIGEL MURRAY MBE
Kenilworth Phab are proud to announce that Paralympian Boccia Medalist Nigel Murray has agreed to become Patron of Kenilworth Phab.
Nigel was a founder member of Kenilworth Phab in 1982 so it was very special that he became Patron in the club’s 30th year.
Nigel is Britain’s most successful Boccia player having won a bronze, a silver, and two gold medals from four Paralympics. He is the fifth most successful player of all time!
He was 7 times British Champion and 12 times National Champion.
Nigel was awarded an MBE in the 2013 New Year Honours List! Well done and Congratulations, Nigel.
Kenilworth Phab Friends
Kenilworth Phab would like to acknowledge the support and assistance given by the following groups. Without the contributions of these great organisations and their members, our club would not be as enjoyable or successful as it is. They really are good friends to Kenilworth Phab and we truly appreciate their support!
You can click on the logos to find out more about our ‘Phab’ Friends.
Members of Kenilworth Lions have been driving Phab members to club nights, as part of their service to the community, for most of our clubs existence. For some of us, the minibus journey to club events events is an enjoyable and important part of club night. Kenilworth Phab has a fundraising stall at the Lions Grand Show, held in Abbey Fields every year.
The club is very fortunate to have members from Warwick University Community Volunteers, who play an important role in befriending and supporting other club members. In Addition to taking part in all our activities, they have organised events and joined us on holidays.
The University of Warwick holds an annual Volunteers Fair and students are offered various opportunities to make a contribution to the local community.
Waverley Day Centre provides support and activities for elderly people in Kenilworth.
They kindly allow us regular use of their minibus. This enables us to offer transport to some members who may, otherwise, have difficulty attending.
Kenilworth Phab host an annual Barn Dance which is supported by our good friends Steamchicken. This is an opportunity for us to be active participants in the local community. The Phab Barn Dance is Kindly sponsored by Penmans Solicitors LLP.
Nationally acclaimed ceilidh band Steamchicken, based in Kenilworth, kindly provide the wonderful music for our Barn Dances.
The Club also acknowledges and appreciates the support of Kenilworth Sports & Social Club and St.John’s Church, who allow us to meet regularly at their premises.
Thank you to all our friends!